Tired of running around the house with a bucket and a mop or accidentally stepping into puddles of dog pee? With a good quality, indoor dog potty like the top-ranked Fresh Patch Dog Potty with Real Grass you can put an end to these wet and smelly accidents.
An indoor dog potty is indispensable when you are potty training your puppy, as well as for senior dogs and pups with bladder control issues.
We have analyzed and reviewed all of the most popular dog potties on the market and have come up with a top 10 list of the best indoor dog potties for 2019.
Our pick for the best indoor dog potty is this Disposable Dog Potty with Real Grass by Fresh Patch. It provides young puppies, senior dogs and all other indoor dogs with a natural solution to their needs. Made of real grass, this mini lawn is placed in a box with a complex root system which will help absorb the urine and reduce the odors.
You will need to remove any solid waste, as you would outdoors, but the urine will soak into the box, so you won’t need to take care of that for up to 3 weeks.
Your dog will be attracted by this real living grass, and thus potty training will be much easier. So will making a senior or another dog comfortable with using this clever indoor potty.
It is an excellent solution for all indoor dogs and will give you peace of mind that your pup has where to go if needed even if you are at work or need to go out.
This natural grass indoor dog potty requires little cleaning, as all of the urine will be absorbed, and once it is saturated you will need to throw it out and replace it. This usually takes 1 to 3 weeks depending on the size of your dog, as well as how often it resorts to it for its natural needs.
Overall, this hydroponically grown grass patch is the most natural and eco-friendly solution for potty training as well as for providing comfort for elderly or other indoor dogs.
The potty area is 16 x 24 inches, and it is suitable for dogs weighing up to 25 lbs. but it is available in a larger size of 48 x 24 x 3 inches as well
Fresh Patch also offers free professional consultations regarding the potty training and other questions about teaching the dog to use the pad or its maintenance.
BrilliantPad – Automatic Self-Cleaning Indoor Potty for Puppies and Small Dogs – 2.0 Machine with 1 Roll
The BrilliantPad Automatic Self-Cleaning Indoor Potty is truly brilliant. It is designed for use by toy and small-sized dogs and puppies weighing up to 25 lbs. It is a perfect solution for training a puppy to use pads and is an even better alternative for dogs that already use pads.
The best part of this clever automatic indoor dog potty is that it is mess-free and you won’t need to handle those soaked and soiled pads when it is time to replace them, and you won’t need to deal with the smell either.
The automatic system has a timer which can be adjusted to safely roll up the used pad and seal it, and at the same time spread out a new and dry pad for your pup. You can choose between once twice or three times a day.
Depending on the pup’s size and needs, and with proper adjustment, the BrilliantPad 2.0 machine can take care of the cleaning and pad replacement for up to a month.
This means that you will manage the potty training or use completely hands-free and odor-free.
Although it is designed for small dogs, the machine may be used by some medium sized dogs or senior dogs on occasion.
It is designed to be safe for the dog, so it will automatically stop rolling if it detects that the puppy has stepped on the pad to use it.
When adjusted to replace and seal the used pad once daily, the roll will last for up to 4 weeks. If you want it to be replaced twice a day, you can expect a roll of pads to last for 2 weeks, and for 3 replacements a day, the roll should be sufficient for up to a week.
One roll includes about 27 traditional puppy pads. When rolled, the pads are sealed safely to prevent leaks, smells and to make the replacement of the roll as mess free as possible.
The dimensions of the machine are 34 x 24 x 6 and it weighs 10 lbs.
Thanks to the drip lip and the fast absorbing rolls, you don’t need to worry about any urine leaking out of this brilliant indoor dog potty.
Best budget-friendly option
If you are looking for the most affordable indoor dog potty solution, you should choose the Pet Parents Washable Dog Pee Pads. Not only are these pads very affordable, but they are washable so you won’t have to throw them away and buy new ones. You will be helping your budget and also helping the environment with these eco-friendly indoor dog potty washable pads.
They are available in different sizes, including 18 x 24 inches, 34 x 36 inches, 24 x 36 inches and 41 x 41 inches, so there is washable pad for dogs of all sizes.
The pads are made of WickQuick fabric which quickly absorbs and hold liquids. The pads are designed to prevent tracking as well because nobody likes seeing those messy paw prints all over the floor, right?
These washable indoor dog potty pads are made to last. They are triple stitched and are also anti-slip, so you can place them on your beautiful wood floor without worrying about the pad slipping around and making a mess.
When it comes time to wash the pad, just add some detergent and wash them on a regular cycle, and dry them on medium heat or let them air dry.
They are sold in packs of 2, so you will always have a replacement pad if you wash them regularly.
This is an affordable and eco-friendly solution for housebreaking puppies, or for use in playpens or crates and pet carriers.
The rest of the best indoor dog potty solutions for 2019
If you like the idea of using a real grass indoor dog potty, but your pup loves digging, you can end up with more of a mess to clean up altogether. The Petmaker Indoor Restroom Puppy Pot Trainer is a superb solution to this problem as it is made of artificial grass and turf which will attract the puppy like real grass, but it cannot be dug up.
- The grass and turf are designed to mimic the feel and the smell of real ground which will instinctively attract puppies to do their business there
- Your dog can’t dig in this potty trainer
- The system is three-layered and includes a mat, a plastic insert, and a drain tray
- The artificial turf has antimicrobial and odor resistant qualities
- It is easy to clean up the sturdy tray and its sides will prevent accidental spills
- All three layers can be washed with warm soapy water, rinsed and placed back for further use
- It is available in small and medium sizes of 20 x 16 x 1.25 or 20 x 25 x 1.25 inches
- It is a less expensive solution than real grass indoor dog potties which need to be thrown out and replaced with new ones
The award-winning Piddle Place Indoor Dog and Cat Toilet with a Cover is another efficient and eco-friendly solution for your puppy, dog or cat.
- It is portable, easy to transport and suitable for vacations, campers, RVs, condos, and others
- It is easier to clean and keep sanitary and odor free than the regular puppy pee pads
- The toilet is the perfect solution for potty training, and for homes which do not have direct access to outdoors
- It can be used for cats and for senior dogs too
- The toilet has a quick drain spout for easy and mess-free emptying
- The porous grass mat on top will prevent tracking and unsightly wet paw prints
- It has Bio+ Treatment foil which helps eliminate odors
- The artificial grass mat is washable and eco-friendly
- No more buying and throwing out of disposable puppy pads
- It comes with a convenient lid for easy portability
- The dimensions of the unit are 30.2 x 19.2 x 1.8 inches
This nifty indoor dog potty is available in three different sizes and is an ideal alternative to a backyard even in a high rise condo.
- Suitable for puppies, dogs, cats, and other small pets
- It is a perfect alternative for disposable puppy pee pads and for a small backyard space
- The upper layer is designed to mimic real grass, and will not only attract your dog but will also help keep its paws dry and clean after doing its business
- The base is sturdy and has an angle which allows for collecting all the urine without spillage
- The removable waste bin is easy to empty and wash with warm water
- It has a wee sponge urine and odor absorber
- It is offered in 3 sizes: small 20.75 x 17 x 4.5 inches for toy and miniature dogs and cats, medium 24.5 x 24.5 x 5.25 inches for medium sized dogs, and large 32.5 x 32.5 x 5.25 inches for medium to large breeds
The Wee-Wee Patch Indoor dog potty is another superb potty training product and indoor potty space for elderly dogs.
- The patch is designed and made to feel and look like real dual height grass
- The tray has a mess-free and easy to use pour spout to drain the waste
- The potty mat
- The mat has special integrated attractants which will draw puppies and dogs to the mat
- The potty is offered in small (20 x 20 inches) and medium (30 x 20 inches) sizes suitable for dogs under 15 lbs. and for dogs up to 44 lbs. respectively
- The mat and tray are washable, and when the grass mat gets used up, you can buy a replacement mat to continue using the indoor dog potty
The Prevue Pet Products Tinkle Turf System is another top quality synthetic grass-based indoor dog potty which will help you potty train your puppy or can be used as a convenient spot for your dog to use when nature calls and you are not available to take it outdoors.
- The potty includes a sturdy tray and an artificial grass mat
- It is easy to move and transport
- The surface helps keep the paws clean and dry after use
- The mat is designed to imitate soft and realistic turf and grass
- The tray is lead-free and has an odor and microbial control treatment
- Both the tray and mat are easy to wash, dry and reuse
- The indoor dog potty has low profile edges, so even nervous puppies won’t be afraid to step on it and use it
- The small size is 22.88 x 16.13 x 1.25 inches
- The medium size is 29.63 x 19.63 x 1.25 inches
- The large size is 41.2 x 28.6 x 1.25 inches
If you are shopping for disposable indoor dog potty pads, then one of the best options on the market for 2019 is the All Absorb Extra Large Super Absorbent Training Pads pack of 40 34 inch pads.
- An affordable solution for potty training your puppy
- The pads are 28 x 34 inches and are super absorbent, quick drying, leak-proof and with odor control
- The pads are treated with an attractant for dogs to draw them to do their business there, rather than on the floor or on the furniture
- The pads have a core which turns the urine into a gel to keep it from leaking
- Each pad can absorb 3 or more cups of liquid safely
- The quick-drying surface will keep the paws of the pup dry and mess-free
- It can also be used for large sized senior dogs too
If you are fed up with cleaning up the mess after your puppy has scratched or played on its pee pad and spilled everything around it, then this simple and inexpensive indoor potty pad holder is the best option for you.
- Designed to fit regular potty training pads in place and to protect the floors underneath and around them
- The affordable potty pad holder has double latches to keep the pad in place at all times
- It has non-skid rubber feet which will not damage your hard floor
- It is treated with high polish which makes washing it a breeze
- Suitable for puppies as well as for dogs with bladder control problems
- Available in blue and gray colors
- The regular size is 25.55 x 18.9 x 1.75 inches and can hold regular sized pads by IRIS
A good quality indoor dog potty is indispensable when you are housetraining your puppy, as well as a comfortable and mess-free place where older dogs can go when you are not at home or able to take them on a walk. It is also a necessity if your pup has problems with bladder control or is elderly.
An indoor dog potty can help prevent accidents on the floor and will save you a lot of time and hassle for cleaning up the smelly mess.
It is an excellent alternative to a backyard or other outdoor place where the dog feels comfortable to do its business when nature calls.
We have picked the best indoor dog potties for 2019 for you so you can choose the best type and size you need.
Although all of them need to be cleaned up, drained or replaced, they are still much better options than just letting the dog pee or poo just about anywhere in the house.
Of course, it is not recommended to use a potty as a permanent and only toilet for your dog, but it is an excellent product to have just in case you need to work late or if your dog has problems waiting until it comes time for the next walk outside.
We wish you good luck with your purchase and with the potty training, and hopefully, with any one of these excellent indoor dog potties your home will be much cleaner and odor free, and your pup will be much more comfortable as well!